The Native American Mascot Controversy
2. Teach them respect not racism : common themes and questions about the use of "Indian" logos / Barbara E. Munson
3. Native Americans and sports mascots / Sharon Pray Muir
4. The problems with Native American mascots / Laurel R. Davis
5. What the "Fighting Sioux" tells us about white people / Robert Jensen
6. Gendered discourse: higher education, mascots, and race / Jennifer Guiliano. Part II. Educational issues. 7. A letter from the Department of Anthropology, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign to the University of Illinois Board of Trustees regarding the use of Chief Illiniwek
8. On the use of American Indian mascots : a presentation to the NCAA Minority Opportunities and Interests Committee / Roy H. Saigo
9. American Indian imagery and the miseducation of America / Ellen J. Staurowsky
10. Native images in schools and the racially hostile environment / Lawrence R. Baca
11. Native mascots and ethnic fraud in higher education : using tribal critical race theory and the interest convergence principle as an analytic tool / Angelina E. Castagno and Stacey J. Lee
12. Mascots and meaning : how one district worked through the emotional issue of changing team logos / Terry Grier
13. Strategies for making team identity change / David Carl Wahlberg
14. Native American mascots and alumni giving / Patrick J. McEwan and Clive R. Belfield. Part III. Reform and resistance. 15. Defensive dialogues : Native American mascots, anti-Indianism, and educational institutions / C. Richard King
16. Putting the moccasin on the other foot : a media history of the "Fighting Whities" / Bruce E. Johansen
17. Note to Congress : stop shielding "Indian" mascots and start defending Indian people / Suzan Shown Harjo
18. The resurrection of the chief / Dave Zirin
19. Tribe approval of mascots not enough / Daily Cardinal Editorial Board, University of Wisconsin.
Part IV. Documents : policies, resolutions, and legislation. 20. Statement on the use of Native American images and nicknames as sports symbols (2001) / U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
21. The Five Civilized Tribes Intertribal Council mascot resolution (July 14, 2001) / Five Civilized Tribes Intertribal Council
22. Opposition to the University of North Dakota's use of the Fighting Sioux name and logo (2002) / Governing Body of the Three Affiliated Tribes of the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation
23. Denouncement of the use of any American Indian name or artifice associated with team mascots by any professional/nonprofessional sport teams (1993) / National Congress of American Indians
24. Resolution in opposition to Native American mascots (1999) / National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
25. Statement on team names (1993) / American Jewish Committee
26. Statement on the use of American Indian sports mascots (January 27, 1999) / Society of Indian Psychologists
27. Resolution recommending the immediate retirement of American Indian mascots, symbols, images, and personalities by schools, colleges, universities, athletic teams, and organizations (2005) / American Psychological Association
28. Native American imagery resolution (2005) / North American Society for the Sociology of Sport
29. Policy on Native American logos and names (1993) / University of Wisconsin Athletic Department
30. Competition and anti-discrimination policy (2002) / Advisory Committee on Athletics, University of Minnesota
31. Guideline for use of Native American mascots (2005) / National Collegiate Athletic Association
32. Resolution on the elimination of American Indian mascots (1997) / Los Angeles City Board of Education
33. Resolution condemning use of derogatory sports team names, mascots, and symbols (1999) / Hutchinson Human Relations Commission
34. Resolution on Native American mascots (1998) / Governors' Interstate Indian Council
35. Resolution on Native American mascots (2002) / New Hampshire Board of Education
36. Resolution of the Nebraska Commission on Indian Affairs (1999) / Nebraska Commission on Indian Affairs
37. Report on use of nicknames, logos, and mascots depicting Native American people in Michigan educational institutions (1988) / Michigan Civil Rights Commission
38. California Racial Mascots Act AB 858 (2004) / State of California
39. Oklahoma Racial Mascots Act, senate bill 567 (2005) / Bill introduced in the Oklahoma state legislature
40. Tennessee Mascot Act (2007) / State of Tennessee
41. U.S. House Resolution 1933 (2005) / 109th Congress, U.S. House of Representatives
42. Protection of University Governance Act of 2006 / Bill introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives. Part V. Additional resources
43. Organizations advocating change
44. American Indian mascot nickname changes : a chronology.
AgeAdd Age Suitability
There are no ages for this title yet.
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no summaries for this title yet.
NoticesAdd a Notice
There are no notices for this title yet.
QuotesAdd a Quote
There are no quotes for this title yet.
VideosAdd a Video
There are no videos for this title yet.